We all know it's true -facemasks save lives. Whether they come in sheet form, clay form, gel form, or made in your own kitchen, they are always here to save the day. While many masks are available in today's market, some masks contain harmful ingredients or fillers that don't need to be in there! To those looking for a more natural approach to taking care of your skin, why not whip something up in your home with the freshest ingredients! Don't underestimate mother nature's powers (; DIY Facemasks can be a cheaper option as well (score!)
The fresh facemask I will be introducing to you today has a base of avocado, mixed with coconut oil, ground rice, honey, and grapefruit! The mask does wonders for the skin and the benefits are endless. It will provide moisture, protect the skin, promote collagen production, fight signs of aging, clears spots and uneven skintones, and exfoliates! Does this sound amazing or AMAZING?
Let's look at what awesome things each ingredient does for your skin...
♥ Antioxidants protect skin from environmental damages that can lead to signs of aging
♥ Vitamin C creates elastin and collagen, maintaining firmness and structure
♥ Oleic Acid (Omega-9 Fat) helps to maintain moisture, softness, and reduces racial redness and irritation - hallelujah!
Coconut Oil Benefits
♥ Saturated Fats keep the skin smooth and full of moisture
♥ Lauric Acid can even protect the skin from microbial infections that can enter throug pores!
♥ Vitamin E repairs the skin of wear and tear
♥ Antibacterial properties and skin-saving antioxidants helps you regain glow
♥ Opens up pores for easy unclogging
♥ Acne treatment
♥ Moisturizing Antioxidants with healing properties to help improve circulation, prevent and fade age spots, and ease inflammation
♥ Healthy, moisturized, clear skin
♥ Helps to exfoliate when massaging the mask on the skin
♥ Astringent and exfoliating properties that is perfect for oily or acne-prone skin
♥ Evens skin tone and fights off free radicals
Let's Take This To The Kitchen!
Here's What You'll Need - RECIPE
1 Avocado1 TBSP Coconut Oil1 TSP Ground Rice (lightly toast and ground in blender)1 Slice of Peeled Grapefruit1 TBSP HoneyBowlSmall Wisk
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and create a nice even mixture using the wisk.
VIOLA! Now just apply it onto your face for 20-30 minutes and feel the difference on your skin. When you're done with the mask, wash it off by gently cleansing your skin in circular motions. That way, the ground rice will act as an exfoliant to keep your face fresh and renewed!
For You Lazy Folks!
For those of you saying - Ain't Nobody Got Time For That! Here are alternatives that you can purchase online to get similar results.
1. The Tony Moly I'm Real Line has 11 different foods that cater to specific skin problems. TheAvocado Mask Sheetprovides your skin with nutrition and moisture. No parabens, talc, benzophenone, or triethanolamine.
2. From the same line comes theRice Mask Sheet!The sheet mask is soaked in an essence that provides maximum elasticity and brightening effects for your skin. No parabens, talc, benzophenone, or triethanolamine.
3. Now onto Honey. TheIt's Skin Fresh Sheet Mask in Honeyprovides your skin with a youthful glow + elasticity to combat signs of aging. Perfect for improving your skin's radiance!
4. Now this sheet mask isn't made of coconut oil, but the entire line is made of 5 different types fo unique oils that cater to different skin problems! They have Camellia Oil, Lemon Oil, Olive Oil, Tea Tree Oil, and Sunflower Oil. Face oils are one of the biggest trends in skincare at the moment and there's a reason for it. Nourish your skin with all of these luxurious oils using the
5. Last but not least, theLoverecipe Lemon Maskalso by Sally's Box for dull and dry skin. The lemon extract acts like the grapefruit used in the DIY mask with brightening effects from the Vitamin C.
I hope you guys enjoyed this DIY Fresh Facemask recipe and would love to see pictures if any of you decide to try it out. Tweet us a picture or post it on your social media pages with the hashtag#BlueScandalso we can feature you on our page! If you decide to purchase any of the masks, let me know your thoughts on them.
Happy Masking! - YS