This morning to prep for my Friday Night Out, I was EXCITED to try outMilani's Baked Bronzerand theirFierce Foil Eyeshine. For so long I've tested these beauties on my arm and written descriptions, but I was dying to get my hands on them for a true-blue product testing. I was definitely not disappointed.
I enhanced the look with Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips, J.Cat Pout-Holic in Shaking My Head and a little gloss with Milani gloss.
From foundation to finish, this took 20 minutes.
Also, a co-worker claimed I forget to smile in my pics - so here's a cheesy smile!! XD
Here's how to I did it:
What You'll Need:
1. A Prepped Face in matte foundation, contouring, brows, and eyeliner to your liking
As much or as little as you want as a base- or you can skip foundation/contouring for a more natural-glow look! I went with a stronger face contour this time, and I also started out my eyes with matte black smoke-eye, and I wet lined my upper lid.
2. Your favorite bronzer
3. Translucent shimmer powder
The one I used was myNatural Nude Physicians Formula All-in-1 kit.
4. Foil or gel metallic eye makeup
I LOVE thisMilani set in Florence. PERFECT colors, and it's super easy to apply!
5. Traditional shimmer eyeshadow in gold tones
The best part of the Physicians Formula is that it even has a HIGHLY shimmery black, so even my lash-line has a touch of sparkle.
6. Matte white eyeshadow
Or go crazy with the shine and make it shimmery too - but people might need sunglasses to look at ya!
7. Bronze or gold-toned lipstick and/or gloss.
I skipped liner with this look, and went light with my lips because I want my eyes to be the focal point. My face and lips are complimenting my eyes, hopefully, without stealing the limelight.
8. Mascara or fake lashes
For going out, I would probably opt with falsies - they would add just the right amount of drama to this golden, glowing look!
A large round brush for bronzer, a thin flat brush for the translucent shimmer powder, and maybe a blending brush for eyes but I didn't need it.
1. Sweep on your bronzer with a VERY light hand. Build up if desired, and always step back and check the whole picture before reapplying.
2. Use sparkly black eyeshadow directly along your lash line (over your liner, if you lined your eyes beforehand).
3. Apply gold Milani eye foil - I wish I had believed the packaging when it said "a little goes a long way!" This product, I've found, works best if you blend with your finger. Just apply with the provided applicator and gently rub the creamy textured foil, moving out toward your pre-smoked matte eyes (or just blend out toward your foundation if you skipped the smoky look.
I love the metallic sheen that's immediately visible, and it only looks better as you blend.
4. Add in the bronze color to the area above your lid, to just below your brow.
5. Highlight your brow bone with matte white eyeshadow.
6. Now use your translucent shimmer or highlighting powder right along the top-most area where you bronzed. This adds depth and gives you a sun-kissed appearance.
7. Apply mascara and your favorite complimenting lipstick and gloss (I love this shimmery bronze-gold lipstick with a bit of gloss over it) and voila! You're ready to shine on a summer night!
- To enhance the look, add even more shine with a gel glitter eye makeup like Wholly Deep Jewel Pot by Peri Pera!
- Apply translucent powder to your arms and neck for a little added shimmer!
I hope you liked my How-To on getting
a shimmery, gold-toned glammed up look for summer!
Have you tried metallic eye foil?
What are your favorite glowing summer looks?