Get Your Summer Glow on... Naturally!
This week I’m showcasing a crazily convenient little makeup set that caught my eye when I was looking through blusher/bronzer combos last week for #TipsTuesday (the one about thelate-for-work-get-ready-in 5-minutes makeup kit→ CLICK HERE to check that one out if you missed it!).
This little makeup compact is the
Why I love it?
Aside from this darling faux lace print and the sweet little bow? It serves as a true all-in-one. II don’t always want to carry a big purse, and this little baby is my new best friend for taking care of my natural-looking makeup needs when I’m on the go.
The nude tones mean I can feel like my best natural self, and I love the healthy, summery glow that comes from using the gold-tones. I especially like the convenience of brush, eyeshadow applicator, and mirror - together in one!
I’m tempted to keep one in my car’s center console
so I’ll always have access to the essentials.
What does it have?
The front is the actual product - 12 shades organized across 4 rows. This makes getting a natural nude glow so easy!
The back opens to reveal a mirror, a blusher brush, and an eyeshadow sponge. Neat and tidy in one place!
How to Use:
Instructions are printed right inside the case, and the soft hues make it kind of foolproof.
Option 1: Quick & Easy
Here’s what I do:
1. First I sweep the brush across the entire palette and apply to cheeks, jawline, and the edges of my forehead for an all over glow.
2. Then I apply row 1 to the area below my eyebrows and row 3 to my lids.
That's it! Try it and you’ll see YOU, in your natural glow!
Option 2: Depth & Definition
For Eyes -
Here’s how I use it:
1. I start with highlighting my brow line with white and cream, on the top left corner and in the center of row 1.
I use the whitest white under my brows toward the tail,
then the cream color under the larger part of my brows.
2. Next I sweep Row 2 along my eyelid area for a bright look (the entire row), or row 3 if I want a warmer look. My eye is literally closed at this point so I couldn't take a picture, but hopefully it's the actual lid of your eye.
3. I like sweep across all three shades in row 4 and arc the sponge right across my lid along my cut-crease. I blend it up to just below my brow bone.
4. Using the very darkest shade on row 4, I blur from the end of my eye up to my cut crease to almost make a cat eye.
This color also works to semi-line my eye with the point of the sponge, but it’s a smudged, natural look, not a precise line.
Full disclosure: I''m already wearingClio's Kill Black wet eyeliner-
it's just hat I typically wear to work.
For Face -
Here’s how I use it:
1. I use angle the brush so it only accesses a single row and sweep along row 4. This goes from my cheeks to my hairline in a quick swipe - I always go light and build up later if needed.
2. I use this very lightly along my jawline too, blending up to the original line I had made.
3. Next I use row 2 on my cheeks only. I use row 3 to blend cheek color and the darker contouring along my cheekbones up to my hairline.
4. If I want a little more glow, I use a very light application of row one on the tip of my nose, my chin, and just above the line of my cheekbone.
It’s a natural look with shimmer - that OF COURSE doesn't show in this picture *facepalm*
but it's perfect touch for a quick touch of color without feeling too made up!
Do you have any great all-in-ones you love?
I’d love to find one like this with lip gloss, too,
but somehow still in a tiny package.
Also, if you know any other tips for getting a natural, summery look,
please do share! And as always...