Think you know it all when it comes to mascara? Maybe not! For #TipTuesday I'm sharing 5 tips that will make amazing lashes amazingly easy! Maybe you'll find a tip that's an oldie but goodie you'd forgotten about- or learn something new!
5 Mascara Tricks that are Ridiculously EASY
1. You Want THICKER Lashes
Apply a coat of regular mascara. Loosely dust your lashes with baby powder or foundation powder. Wait for them to dry and then apply another coat of mascara.
*Bonus -For even thicker lashes, make the second coat waterproof! Using a coat of regular mascara first also makes it easier to remove, rather than two coats of waterproof.
2. You Want LONGER Lashes
Instead of sweeping your brows back trying to achieve a cat-eye, let your liner do that job and instead, focus on lash LENGTH.
1.Looking straight ahead, notice where your pupil is. From around that mid-point back, sweep your lashes up-up-up toward your brows.
2. From around that mid-point in toward your inner eye, sweep your lashes deliberately toward your nose. You'll see an immediate difference!
3. You Want MORE CURLED Lashes
Before applying mascara, take your lash curler and your hair dryer. Heat up your curler for a few second and use while the curler is warm to the touch, then apply mascara for curled lashes that last!
*Bonus -If you don't have an eyelash curler, use a spoon! Heat up the spoon and curl your lashes around the warm metal.
Wow, more spoon hacks?!Check out my earlier blog post by CLICKING HERE to see 4 other spoon eye makeup tricks, and my thoughts on how well they worked -- or didn't!
4. You Want Smooth, Clump-Free, and Easy-to-Apply Mascara
Place your tube of mascara in a cup of hot water to thin out your product and make it more fluid.
*Bonus -Add a few drops of saline solution to mascara if it's become thick or goopy - pump your mascara wand in your product a few times and you're all set for a fresh coat!
5. You Want to Fix a Dot of Mascara without Ruining Your Eyeshadow
Made a mistake and got a mascara on your lid? Here's how to do it with minimal impact to your eyeshadow:
Note how the Q-Tip is aimed directly at the eyelid,
like SPEARING the lid
and not being brushed or swept to the side.
Then twirl the mess away!
1. DON'T try to wipe off the mascara dot until it's dry. If you try to fix this issue while mascara is still wet, you will only smear it.
2. Once the speck is dry, DON'T swipe at it with your Q-Tip. Instead, aim the tip of your Q-Tip head-on, and twirl in a spinny motion. You'll get rid of the black mark without smudges!
Do you have any Pro Tips for Mascara?
Please share! And as always...